Technological and applied studies (TAS) is mandatory for all students in Year 7 and 8. Students can also select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
In TAS, students develop knowledge, understanding and skills through a design and production process using a range of tools, materials and techniques in theory and practical lessons.
The continuum of technology learning is:
- mandated from Kindergarten to Year 8 through Science and Technology K-6 and Technology Mandatory Years 7-8 syllabuses
- based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to apply knowledge, skills and understanding to design and produce solutions
- optional for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Available courses include:
- Mandatory Technology 7-8
- Design and Technology 9-10
- Food Technology 9-10
- Graphics Technology 9-10
- Industrial Technology 9-10
- Information and Software Technology 9-10
- Textiles Technology 9-10
- Design and Technology Stage 6
- Food Technology Stage 6
- Industrial Technology Stage 6
- Information Processes and Technology Stage 6 (accelerated pathway offered in Year 9)
- Textiles and Design Stage 6.